05 Dec Denver Holiday Gift Guide: 10 Gifts From Local Shops We Love
This past year we’ve had the ultimate pleasure of exploring as much of Denver as possible. Why? Two reasons. One – because we’re newbies here and that’s what newbies do. Two – we couldn’t resist putting together our very own Denver Holiday Gift Guide. So here you have it: 10 holiday gifts from local shops we love. We hit the pavement in our very own Congress Park, SoBo, RiNo, The Highlands, South Pearl, and lots in between. We’ve included gifts for the face, the body, the mind, the office, the fridge, and the bar. If you can count perusing local gift shops, bakeries, spas, and flea markets as your job, then I’d say you can count yourself pretty lucky…and we certainly do.
1. Wood Calendar by Artifact Uprising – this thoughtful gift is easy to create using 12 of your favorite photos from the year; and feel good knowing these handcrafted wooden clipboards are made of reclaimed pine from our Colorado forests. I gifted this darling to my parents last year and although it arrived after Christmas it was perfect and they loved. Another plus (and something I plan on taking advantage of this year) you can reuse your wooden clipboard from year’s past with our calendar print refill pack. The refill pack includes 12 of your favorite photos printed on monthly sheets. Wood Calendar priced at $29.99, refills (does not include wood clipboard) $9.99. Purchase today at www.artifactuprising.com – but seriously do today because their cut-off date for December 24th delivery is December 7th….1, 2, 3 GO!
2. Handcrafted Canvas and Leather Goods by Winter Session – the recipient of these exquisite canvas and leather goods will be in handcrafted heaven. Inspired by urban living and mountain adventuring – as well as design traditions from Scandinavia and Japan – husband-and-wife team Roy Katz and Tanya Fleisher produce gorgeous canvas and leather goods with a refined utilitarian aesthetic. Head over to Svper Ordinary at The Source where they are currently on display or visit Winter Session design studio and workshop in Denver’s Five Points neighborhood. Starting at just under $50 – purchase at www.winter-session.com
3. Lollia Poetic License Candles at Wild Flowers – Wild Flowers is our Congress Park go to for fresh flowers and gifts, especially candles. In particular these Lollia Poetic License Candles which are made of soy wax blend burn for hours. Not to mention they smell divine! Plus, who can resist the adorable names like Sunspots On A Photograph, Sleeping Under The Stars, and Stacks of Pretty Paper. Not me. The tailored glass encased in a keepsake box of vibrant fresh-picked colors make them perfect presents for pretty much anyone in your life. Starting at $30 – Purchase at Wild Flowers | 1201 Madison St, Denver, CO 80206 | www.wildflowershome.com
4. Holiday Cards by Mailagrams – darling holiday cards, invitations, and announcements designed by Independent Artists in Dallas & Denver. The Denver based business will print, address, and mail your cards to your family and friends in as little as 24-hours. No licking, sticking, or stamping required. Starting as low as $1.49 (includes printing, addressing, envelope, and postage) – Shop cards at www.mailagra.ms
5. doTERRA frankincense essential oil from YogaLoveDenver – When I discovered doTERRA frankincense essential oil, thanks to YogaLoveDenver, I was so impressed by the wide array of uses this one essential oil has. I began using every week before yoga on a sore spot on my wrist. I’m telling you this stuff works instantly every time. Now I also use this occasionally for head tension, as an immune booster when my husband comes home with a bug, and I’ve even used on a blemish. I guess those 3 wise men knew what they were doing! So we simply had to include in this gift guide. What can be better than the gift of wellness for your loved ones? Purchase at www.mydoterra.com/jenibanez or via email@example.com
6. Handcrafted Luxury Brushes by Vert Beauty – if you want to gift a lady friend something luxurious, beautiful, and eco-friendly gift her a set of these hand crafted makeup brushes made in the USA. These brushes feel as incredible on your skin as they look in their oh-so-pretty holder. The wooden handles are acquired from re-forested land and are accented with a seamless nickel colored brass ferrule. Purchase at Vert Beauty – and while you’re there make yourself a signature fragrance…you’ll thank us. The Highlands | 3442 W 32nd Ave | Denver, Colorado
7. Cocktail Salt by Bloody Mary Rim Job – oh my word…this cocktail salt. The Denver-based company claims to take your Bloody Mary’s from ordinary to extraordinary – we’ve tested and tested (hey, someone’s gotta do it) and can tell you this claim is solid gold. This mouth-watering recipe includes 17 salts, herbs & spices which also makes it incredible with grapefruity cocktails, Michelada’s and Red Beers. This all natural, gluten free goodness is also great on food which makes it a great gift for both boozers and foodies. Over 90 servings per 5.3oz tub. $7.50 each. $40 / 6-pack. $75 / 12-pack. Purchase at www.BloodyMaryRimJob.com
8. Mini Airplants at Ironwood – the best selection of mini airplants plus an eclectic mix of earthy goods. Ironwood is one of those curiosity shops I could spend all day in discovering each and every object old and new. Airplants are ideal for pretty much anyone on your list, especially those who happen to be lacking in the green thumb area, like moi. These little babies are low maintenance, affordable, adorable, and on trend. They look fantastic packaged in little wooden boxes, votive holders, glass containers, sea shells…the sky is really the limit here. Purchase at Ironwood | 14 South Broadway, Denver CO 80209 | www.ironwoodcollection.com
9. Gift Boxed Macaroons by Glaze Bakery – My go to hostess gift and this year will be my go-to holiday gift for clients, coworkers, neighbors, mail carrier, dog groomer, you name it. These DELICIOUS gluten-free macarons are made from scratch. They are filled with incredible of love like ganache and buttercream, and they quite literally melt in your mouth. All by their lonesome these little cookies make a great first impression, but packaged in the beautiful Glaze Macaroon Gift Box and you have a home rum. They typically have at least 10 flavors each day but they rotate weekly. I recommend calling ahead to request specific flavors. My favorites at the Salted Carmel, Pistacio, Lemmon, and Lavendar, but truly you will not go wrong with any of these flavors.
$2 a piece · A dozen for $20 | Purchase at Glaze Bakery | 1160 Madison St, Denver, CO 80206 | http://glazebaumcakes.com/
10. Libations by the Proper Pour – as always we save the best for last. After all, what’s a holiday without a little holiday cheer? the Proper Pour is a specialty bottle shop that features small-batch spirits, independently-produced wines, and a curated selection of craft beer – all of which include local Colorado makers. the Proper Pour is much more than just a liquor store. First off it’s located at The Source, an open-air market place that occupies a former 1880‘s brick foundry building in Denver’s RiNo (or River North) District. So the aesthetics are super cool and the vibe warm and inviting. the Proper Pour also stocks their shelves with carefully selected glassware, bar tools, cocktail books, and other items like bitters and aperitifs. For this holiday season the Proper Pour is designing DIY cocktail kits that include all of the makings for individual drinks. Gift to the host and hostess, to your groomsman, your pops, and your craft beer lov’in girlfriends. The Proper Pour | 3350 Brighton Blvd | Denver, CO 80216 | http://www.theproperpour.com/